writing good copy for the webfiled under: content | writing
The following lists are useful links and resources we have collected and revised over the years. Some are very business orientated, others discussing techniques for creating good online content.
- Writing Content that Works for a Living
- Effective Web Site Copy
- The Construction of Instruction
- Spelling mistakes online ‘cost millions’
- How to Spot and Avoid Web Copy that Kills Websites
- oblique marketing strategies, Matthew Stibbe
- readability score – a tool which checks texts against studied formulae
(see links for more detailed info of scoring)
Via Relly Annett-Baker, content strategist and writer.
- Letting Go Of The Words – Ginny Redish
- The Elements of Style – Strunk Jr and White
- Blogging for Creatives – Robin Houghton
- Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott
- Clout – Colleen Jones
- Tone and Voice , Kate Kiefer
- Orbital content, Cameron Koczon
- Making time to write, Anne Lamott
- Procrastination and more, Scott Young
- (podcast) Neil Gaiman talks writing on The Nerdist.
- Neil Gaiman’s Commencement speech for the University of the Arts, 2012
- UK based residential writing foundation. Courses for fiction and non-fiction writing
- Copyblogger’s The Writer Files archives
- The Atlantic’s By Heart series, talking to writers about writing
- An ode to doing better.
Handbook by mstibbe
30 Days to Better Business Writing by mstibbe on Scribd